These cookies taste best with chocolate, but they are alright without it (but you may want to add some type of sweetener- depending on how sweet you like them).
Here is our version:
Dad’s Favorite Coconut Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 TBS Coconut butter
- 2 TBS Butter
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate bar (85%) or homemade chocolate
- Optional- if you want a sweet cookie but are not using chocolate, use a small amount of maple syrup, stevia or other sweetener
- Optional- sometimes it’s fun to add some chopped almonds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- Combine all the ingredients, except chocolate into sauce pan and place over low heat, stir until well incorporated.
- Let cool.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Scoop onto cookie sheet and freeze
- Freeze until hardened
- Eat and enjoy!
Pairs well with a hot cup of coffee or a glass of cold, raw milk:):)